Sunday, January 3, 2010

My First Real Temptation

Instead of going to the movies, we went out to eat at The Olive Garden. This is truly a temptation for me - I love Fetuccini Alfredo. Instead I got the light dressing salad (they will give it to you if you ask for it instead of the regular salad, and it tastes exactly the same) and Minestrone Soup. It was good. I did have 1 bread stick. This is a huge change for me though because I like their bread sticks...a lot! I ate half of it with my salad and half of it with my soup. I didn't even eat the after dinner chocolate minty thing!

We were doing our daily Bible reading today, and Haleigh really wanted to read today's passage. It was wonderful to hear God's word coming out of her mouth - what a sweet blessing tonight! We also had a great day with our small group today after church. We were talking about not worrying. WOW! This is a biggie for me - another thing for me to work on this year. Again, another reminder to put all my faith in God. Mark pointed out today that a lack of faith IS worry. Talk about a getting my toes stepped on - I guess I needed that! So, I will pray tonight for more faith in God. HE knows what is best for me, and HE is faithful. Good night!

3 comments:

Erica said...

good job on the eating!! or NOT eating that is.

you are doing the thing that nadine was working w/ me on..eating 6 times a day...no carbs @ last meal though!

i'll try & motivate you by doing some stuff w/ ya.

we moved the treadmill up to the dining room today...so i can walk when kids nap, etc. we'll see.

btw...can you take off the word verification thing?

Erica said...

So...what did ya eat today? for lunch i had 2 cups of baby spinach, and apple, cranberries, sunflower seeds, an avacado...and light ranch dressing.

Melissa Taylor said...

Breakfast = 2 hard boiled egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal
Snack = 1/2 C. cottage cheese and an orange
Lunch = salad with a piece of grilled chicken and a baked potato with salsa
Snack = celery, tuna, and yogurt

For dinner I think I will make turkey chili