Monday, January 4, 2010

1st day back @ school

Well, today went well as far as my eating went at school! It took me a while last night, but I prepared all my meals/snacks in advance so that I wouldn't be tempted to eat anything else. One of my big things is not eating fast food. This was a common habit in the mornings for us - it is very easy to just grab food on the way to school. No more of that. Luckily, I like plain oatmeal, but I did find some Kashi oatmeal that is really good and high in fiber. My breaks at school are at a good time for me to eat a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon, so that is helpful. There was a whole box of chocolate and cookies in the teacher's lounge today...always a temptation! I didn't eat any ;) I'm not going to lie - I do find myself thinking about chocolate a lot during the day. I can't wait until my free day! Got to go exercise now.

1 comment:

Erica said...

why do they even put cookies in the teachers lounge? they (parents, pta, etc) should do veggie trays or healthy snack bars...reallY!!!

I had a huge bowl of broccolli & some plain pasta (no cheese or meat) with sauce...yummy